Are Crystals Dangerous? You will not believe the answer.
What is crystal, and how is it used?
Crystal is a transparent jewel that is either colorless or only slightly tinged. It is mainly used for healing.
It encourages good energy flow and helps rid the body and mind of negative energy for physical and emotional benefits.
Here are some examples of crystals: Rose Quartz: This stone is nurturing, comforting and will help dissipate anger.
Carnelian: It enhances creativity and connection with past experiences. Jade: The best crystal for ambition and it will keep you on your track to complete all your goals.
Crystal healing is considered an alternative to medicine. Crystals are much effective if they are manipulated correctly, and some crystals are cleansed to ensure safety. But are all crystals safe to use?
In this article, everything is discussed in detail regarding crystals that are safe and which are not. Let’s get started!
Are Crystals Safe For Babies?
Most children are naturally attracted to crystals and pebbles.
As parents, you adore the idea of your children playing with nature. However, just because crystals are natural does not mean all of them are secure.
Although the toxicity of minerals is often grossly exaggerated, there are several safety measures that we should consider with children.
Some of the more recognizable toxins found in some crystals are:
- Barium (yes, this is radioactive!)
20 Most Dangerous Minerals in The World. Very interesting video you will be surprised.
What Crystals Are Safe In The Sun?
Some crystals won’t dwindle in the sun for a few hours, but we need to observe crystals with faceted points in clusters because they can heat up and ignite a fire or even break.
Crystals That Are Vulnerable To The Sun:
- Amethyst – A member of the quartz family. Color will fade in the sun since the color comes from the iron in it.
- Fluorite – No more than 15 minutes in the sun. It gets very hot.
- Aquamarine – Direct sunlight will fade the blue to white if kept too long.
- Aura lite 23 – Primarily composed of amethyst, it can become brittle in the sun and eventually fade away.
Crystals That Are Not Vulnerable To The Sun:
- Black Obsidian – The color won’t fade because of its dark color, and it’s a glassy volcanic rock.
- Howlite – It has no pigment color that can fade.
- Moonstone – Usually charged under the moon, but when charged in the sun, it can be balanced with masculine-feminine energy
What Crystals Are Safe To Smoke Out Of?
Crystals that are not safe to smoke out of:
- Tigers Eye: What you might not know about Tigers Eye is that it may look from the shards of different colors within its composition, but it is a form of asbestos. Asbestos is considered hazardous.
- Selenite: Again, this one is very fragile and can break apart when heat is applied. This stone is an incredible one for healing and accessing higher planes but not all suitable for smoking.
Crystals that are safe to smoke out of:
- Although the majority of crystal pipes are not safe to smoke out of, the following are the crystals that can be made secure for smoking by the process of cleansing.
- Crystal methamphetamine
Is It Safe To Put Crystals In Candles?
On certain occasions, people look for DIY gift ideas that are easy and inexpensive to create. Going for crystal candles sounds all pretty and cute, but crystals that get overheated can shatter or create a hot spot that can break the glass of your candle container and be a severe risk.
Crystals That Are Not Safe To Use For Candles Are:
- Pearl: It can crack the walls of the candle jar if the wax in the jar decreases or the heating increases.
- Opal: Opal is very heat sensitive and can crack by polishing it aggressively; opal is unsafe for candles.
- Pyrite: When heated, it burns off its layer of iron and sulfur thus, making the candle harmful.
Are Crystals Safe To Wear?
It’s obvious to find the beauty in crystals and think that they couldn’t harm us! However, this is not true, and it’s essential to practice basic crystal safety.
Many crystals contain heavy metals or other compounds that can be dangerous if ingested.
Crystals That Are Not Safe To Wear:
- Amethyst: It can cause significant physical harm or even death if it includes contaminations.
- Emerald: The chemical formula that provided the brilliant color of Emerald Green contains arsenic, making the pigment highly toxic.
- Opals: It is said that opals should never be given or received as gifts, or they will bring ill luck.
Crystals That Are Safe To Wear:
- Amethyst: It develops intuition, spiritual awareness and helps with calmness and tranquility.
- Hematite: It is mainly used for protection and grounding.
- Clear Quartz: This stone heals your pain.
Crystals Safe For Your Bath?
Crystals That Are Safe For Your Bath:
- Rose Quartz Bathing with rose quartz is fantastic when you feel down in the dumps and require something to pull your spirits back up.
- Tiger’s Eye A promising stone of luck, motivation, and success, it’s favorable when you want to get rid of the anxiety.
- Clear Quartz The all-healer serves great energy that assists in magnifying your intentions. It is excellent for clearing the mind and bringing a sense of clarity to your thoughts.
Crystals That Are Not Safe For Your Bath:
- Magnetite (Lodestone) is iron ore, and metal that is exposed to water can rust.
- Jade is very sensitive to chemicals. Although it can be used with running water, but should not be submerged in water for long periods.
- Hematite should not be exposed to water because it is an iron oxide that can rust.
Are Crystals Safe In Pregnancy?
Even far off the delightful healing powers, simply holding a crystal in hand or pressing it against the body, especially during a time of significant change, can be an immense comfort.
Crystals That Are Safe To Use While Pregnant:
- Carnelian for a boost of stamina
- Rose Quartz for bonding with baby
- Moonstone for a fine-tuning fertility stone
- Amethyst for rest and spiritual connection
- Fluorite for absorbing nutrients
Final Thoughts… Are Crystals Dangerous? “Must Read”
As much as the idea of crystals seems to be all exciting and unique, everything has its pros and cons. Similarly, every time a crystal is not manipulated carefully, it becomes vulnerable for anyone.
If you loved reading Are Crystals Dangerous? “Must Read” you will love reading:
Frequently Asked Questions
Is raw malachite toxic?
Your raw malachite is very safe for you to wear at any time.
How fast do crystals grow?
It has been estimated that they can grow about one atomic layer per year.
What do crystals symbolize?
Crystals symbolize spiritual purity and perfection.