Jewelry Box Your Questions Answered
It’s your Jewelry Box Your Questions Answered. As every electroforming artist should know, jewelry is a large part of our passion, and even if the jewelry isn’t your thing, you’re still likely to work with small objects.
One commonly known thing about small objects, like jewelry is that they can be quite a pain as they get lost easily, therefore having a good jewelry box is essential for a true electroforming artist!
But which one should you choose, and how do you take care of your jewelry box?
Jewelry Box Your Questions Answered in the detailed article.
Jewelry boxes come in many different shapes, sizes, and brands, all offer their own advantages and disadvantages.
Many jewelry boxes offer different compartments to store different pieces of jewelry, such as rings and necklaces, this ensures good separation and therefore prevents tarnish on your precious pieces.
A good jewelry box is a must-have for any jewelry lover!
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about jewelry boxes!
We’ll teach you tips and tricks to work with them, and we’ll review a few different brands for you to make the best possible decision. So without further ado, let’s jump right into it!
What Makes A Jewelry Box Anti Tarnish?
As we’ve covered in previous articles, tarnish is a jewelry owner’s worst enemy!
It affects the looks and the value of your jewelry pieces and should therefore be avoided at all costs.
Luckily for us there are so-called anti tarnish jewelry boxes, but what do they do, and how? Let’s have a look!
While regular jewelry boxes already prevent tarnish by separating pieces, anti-tarnish boxes take it a step further!
They use several patented revolutionary technologies to create a copper film that prevents corrosive gasses to enter the box!
The complete explanation is rather technical, but the system works like a charm, and tarnish building up in storage is an issue of the past with these anti-tarnish jewelry boxes!
What Goes Where In A Jewelry Box?
Modern jewelry boxes seem to offer endless space to store your jewelry, with many different compartments it can quickly become overwhelming.
Therefore, we’ll be asking the question, what goes where in a jewelry box? Let’s look into it!
Of course, the way you store and organize your jewelry is entirely up to you, but there is some recommendation to it.
Generally, you’ll want to use the smaller compartments for things like rings, the medium ones for things like bracelets, and the biggest ones for the biggest pieces such as necklaces, etc.
It’s vital that you separate different materials, such as silver and gold, and preferably the jewelry shouldn’t touch each other in the box, all to prevent tarnish!
How Much Does A Jewelry Box Cost?
Now that we’re familiar with the importance of a jewelry box to any jewelry fanatic, or electroforming artist, it’s time to dive into the jewelry box market to get one for ourselves!
This is of course an exciting step, but before we can start exploring the possibilities, we’ll need to establish a budget. So, how much does a jewelry box cost?
The price of a jewelry box is dependent on how much you’re willing to spend on it.
There’re boxes out there that are worth more than the jewelry inside, and there are boxes you can buy for next to nothing at a flea market! It’s totally up to you, a quick Amazon search will yield results in any price class in no time!
If you want a high-quality box, however, you will quickly be looking at prices up to $100.
Top 10 Best Jewelry box Review | Jewelry Box Organizer
Why Are Jewelry Boxes So Expensive?
This question is often asked across the internet, but as we’ve mentioned in the previous paragraph, they don’t have to be expensive!
Often, they are though, as there’s a huge market for jewelry boxes, and high-quality products can quickly rise in demand, and therefore in price!
Just remember that you don’t necessarily have to spend all that money!
Please check out this article on 14 Jewelry Care Tips Make Your Life Easier
Tin Can Jewelry Box
To stick with the subject of cheap, sustainable jewelry boxes, can’t we recycle some other box and use it as a jewelry box?
I’m sure that many of you will still have a vintage tin can lying around at home, and the business of vintage tin can jewelry boxes is currently quite big on sites like Etsy, so can we use a vintage tin can as a jewelry box?
Theoretically using a vintage tin can, that you might have lying around from the past, as a jewelry box will work perfectly fine, the tin will protect the jewelry inside and all should be well!
However, using a tin can makes separating the different pieces and materials almost impossible, therefore increasing the level of tarnish on your pieces.
For a cheap, short-term solution it’s perfectly fine though!
What Is A Jewelry Box Armoire?
The world of jewelry boxes knows many different types, shapes, and sizes.
One of these types is an armoire jewelry box, you might have heard of it before, but what exactly is it? And is it accessible to the general public?
An armoire is something we often see in movies, and it’s the pinnacle of antique jewelry boxes.
An armoire jewelry box isn’t really a box anymore, it’s more like a full-blown cabinet, often with a mirror and a little table on top!
You can get armoire replicas for some pretty decent prices, but good luck finding an original antique armoire!
How To Open A Jewelry Box Without A Key
Of course, most decent jewelry boxes include a lock, in order to protect your precious pieces of jewelry from theft.
However, it’s more than possible for you to simply lose the key, it’s everyone’s worst nightmare, but what should you do next?
How can we open the lock without the key?
To do this, we can use basic lock picking skills.
Look on the internet for a lock picking kit and some tutorials, it may take a little while depending on the quality of your lock, but after a while, you should be able to pick the lock using the tools in the kit!
If it still doesn’t work, don’t try to force it open, in this case, we’d recommend taking the box to your local locksmith and have it opened by professionals!
How to open a jewelry box without a key.
Jewelry Box Review
In this paragraph, we’ll be looking at three different jewelry boxes, all at a different price point in the market!
We’ll take a look at the pros and cons of each one to make sure that you can pick and choose the perfect jewelry box for you.
We’ll start with the price point under $50, here we’ll be looking at the Vlando City medium jewelry box.
- Coming in at $49.99 it’s on the edge of our price range, but it’s worth every cent! It has a seemingly infinite storage capacity and the leather, albeit not real, looks great for the price point.
- This is definitely a jewelry box for those of you looking for a cheap, yet complete solution!
- The box can be bought here: https://www.amazon.com/Vlando-Beauty-Jewelry-Leather-Organizer/dp/B01A76A6GO/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=jewelry%2Bbox&qid=1621784460&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011%2Cp_36%3A2661613011&rnid=2661617011&rps=1&s=apparel&sr=1-12&th=1
Secondly, we’ll be looking at jewelry boxes up to $100, this is a great medium price class where we see some truly amazing jewelry boxes for the price point.
- Here we’ll be looking at a very special one, an actual armoire made by Homde. while $95,99 might seem like a lot, it’s nothing for an armoire like this one, it is made by hand with high-quality wood and it even includes a mirror and a proper lock!
- This is truly everything a jewelry fanatic could ever want. You can buy it here: https://www.amazon.com/Homde-Jewelry-Cabinet-Armoire-Necklace/dp/B07R8CT1CZ/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=jewelry+box&qid=1621784708&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011%2Cp_36%3A5100-10000&rnid=2661617011&rps=1&s=apparel&sr=1-4-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE1Q1haWVJFMkhFWlomZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAzNjAyMzMzVEM1SFIxRkRVUlRZJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxNTUzOTkzNjExR0JBWExCWDNCJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ
Last, but definitely not least, we’ll be looking at our highest price class up to $150, let’s take a look at what the market has to offer!
- We’ll be looking at the Becko wooden jewelry armoire, and while it may not look like an ordinary antique armoire, it certainly is one great jewelry box!
- This is a true jewelry closet with an incredible amount of space for all types of jewelry, it ensures good separation, and the entire left panel is covered with a useful mirror.
- This jewelry box may seem expensive, but it’s truly worth every penny for those of you with large quantities of jewelry!
- You can buy it from here: https://www.amazon.com/Becko-Jewelry-Organizer-Lockable-Full-Length/dp/B08JD49CT9/ref=sr_1_14_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=jewelry+box&qid=1621784858&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011%2Cp_36%3A10000-15000%2Cp_72%3A2661618011&rnid=2661617011&rps=1&s=apparel&sr=1-14-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzRkdWRjdFREFFQ1hBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDI0MTA0MUlCUTUxOTZTTlRZMCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDg3NTk4M0ZGSVhaRlY3VFNGSiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX210ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU
What To Line Your Jewelry Box With?
After buying your jewelry box there’s one more ultimate upgrade left that you could do, and that is of course to add your own custom lining!
But what materials should you use for this, and what are their pros and cons?
Let’s take a closer look!
There are many different things that you can use to create a custom lining in your jewelry box, these things include regular paper or cardboard, or perhaps you can use materials like cotton to create a creative lining.
Most commonly, however, we line our jewelry boxes with so-called anti-tarnish cloth, but which anti-tarnish cloth is the best?
- We’ll start by looking at DIA-305 anti-tarnish cloth. They come as 4’ by 4’ inch sheets or around 10 by 10 centimeters.
- They’re packed as 1.000 sheets and they are perfect to wrap your jewelry in to prevent any kind of tarnish from forming, they do exactly what they’re supposed to do for a great price!
- You can find them here: https://www.amazon.com/Anti-tarnishing-Tissue-Squares-Inches-DIA-305-00/dp/B005PQZBAS
Next up, we have these truly revolutionary 2’ by 7’ inch, or 5 by 17-centimetre, anti-tarnish strips.
- They are made of silver and they represent the state of the art technology in the field of preventing corrosion and tarnish from damaging your jewelry!
- This is the perfect material to line your jewelry box in and you can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/Anti-Tarnish-Strips-Tabs-Revolutionary/dp/B00Z4BYZWY
For those of you who are more interested in safely locking away their jewelry in bags, we have the perfect solution for you!
- With these cheap, but effective, anti-tarnish zip-top bags you can keep your jewelry perfectly safe.
- They come in a package of 10 and can be bought from here: https://www.amazon.com/Anti-Tarnish-Zip-Top-Bags-Package/dp/B013PYI52W
Last but not least, we have a product that really is a jewelry box in itself, but the dividers are what we’re looking for!
- The dividers have special anti-tarnish technology within them that prevents corrosive gasses from affecting your jewelry.
- Truly state of the art technology for a great price, the complete jewelry box can be bought here: https://www.amazon.com/ArtBin-Super-Satchel-Anti-Tarnish-Dividers/dp/B000PCVUAM
Final Thoughts on Jewelry Box Your Questions Answered
All in all, the world of jewelry boxes might be more complicated than you think! There’re many options out there, all at a different price, and quality, points!
We hope that this article has helped you find your way through the jungle of jewelry boxes, as they’re truly essential for a good electroforming artist or just a regular jewelry lover!
Thank you for reading, and good luck with your jewelry box!
Sources In MLA Format:
*, Name. “6 Tips For Organizing A Modern Jewelry Box.” The Organized Mama, 30 May 2020, www.theorganizedmama.com/organize/organizing-a-modern-jewelry-box/.
“How to Store Jewelry So It Doesn’t Tarnish.” Life Storage Blog, 6 Aug. 2019, www.lifestorage.com/blog/storage/how-to-store-jewelry/#:~:text=Silver%20jewelry%20does%20best%20when,limit%20exposure%20to%20the%20air.
“Jewelry Armoires – Bedroom Furniture.” The Home Depot, www.homedepot.com/b/Furniture-Bedroom-Furniture-Jewelry-Armoires/N-5yc1vZc7nv.
Lydgate, Tony. “The Art of Making Elegant Jewelry Boxes: Design & Techniques.” Amazon, Sterling Pub., 1996, www.amazon.com/jewelry-boxes/b?ie=UTF8&node=16350291.
“Why Are Jewelry Boxes so Expensive?” Blogs & Forums, 19 June 2014, community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Why-are-jewelry-boxes-so-expensive/td-p/974687.
- Electroforming: The Ultimate Guide - February 23, 2023
- My Crystal Journey! “How I Found Inner Peace And Harmony Within Myself” - March 19, 2022
- What Crystals Should I Get? “Nothing Held Back” - March 13, 2022